KMail/Dovecot creating mail folder

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Sat Jul 6 14:11:27 UTC 2013

I'm running KMail on a Fedora-19 laptop,
taking email from a Dovecot IMAP server on a CentOS-6.4 machine
called "alfred".

I can create an email folder alfred/Spam in KMail on my laptop
(ie a folder called Spam in the top folder alfred)
and after creating it I see that it does actually exist
in ~/Maildir/.Spam/ on the server.
However, I can't see this new folder in KMail (re-started)
on my laptop.

I've had this problem (with other folders) for years.
At one point one could not create folders in KMail in this way;
it was greyed out.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy