akonadi resource

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Mon Jul 15 21:35:43 UTC 2013

There seems to be a bug in KMail;
I'm running dovecot on a server,
and if I try to create a new top-level folder
in KMail on my laptop
there is a problem which seems to be to do with akonadi.
I get the message
  alfred: Could not create collection Spam:resourceId: 13
every 30 seconds or so on my laptop
until I ssh to the server and delete the folder.
(Here "alfred" is the name of the account, and of the server,
and "Spam" is the name of the folder I have created.)

I'm not asking how to solve this problem.
(I've submitted a bugzilla.)
But I'm interested to know a bit more
about akonadi and its "collections" and "resources".
Is there some documentation on this?
I looked around but didn't find much.
I know if I go to System Settings=>Akonadi Configuration
I see a list of akonadi resources.
But what exactly is a resource?
Can I get information on a resource if I have its Id?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net