Baloo: tags missing

Daniel Vratil dvratil at redhat.com
Thu Aug 21 15:23:24 UTC 2014

On Thursday 21 of August 2014 14:30:03 Piotr Gbyliczek wrote:
> On Thursday 21 August 2014 15:04:30 Daniel Vratil wrote:
> > > Before any comments, found and tried some info, but nepomukbaloomigrator
> > > crashes on me, and I can't start nepomuk from my user, only from root
> > > (where tags aren't existing, obviously)
> >
> > What happens when you start Nepomuk as user? Try it from console:
> > nepomukctl start - it might tell you more about where the problem is.
> > Maybe that is also the reason why the migrator crashes.
>
> I'm sure that I've tried it before several times and it did not started,
> which would be logical reason for the crash of the migrator.
>
> This time however it did work, and this is the result :
>

> Object::connect: No such signal
> org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
> Object::connect: No such signal
> org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
> nepomukbaloomigrator(11775): "database is locked Unable to fetch row"
> nepomukbaloomigrator(11775): "database is locked Unable to fetch row"
> nepomukbaloomigrator(11775): "database is locked Unable to fetch row"
> nepomukbaloomigrator(11775): "database is locked Unable to fetch row"
> nepomukbaloomigrator(11775): Bananana Error
> nepomukbaloomigrator(11775):
> nepomukbaloomigrator(11775): Bananana Error
> nepomukbaloomigrator(11775): Serious Error:
> nepomukbaloomigrator(11775): Error opening table
> `/home/piotr/.local/share/baloo/file/postlist.':
> Couldn't open /home/piotr/.local/share/baloo/file/postlist.baseA: Too many
> open files
> Couldn't open /home/piotr/.local/share/baloo/file/postlist.baseB: Too many
> open files
>   DatabaseOpeningError: Error opening table
> `/home/piotr/.local/share/baloo/file/postlist.':
> Couldn't open /home/piotr/.local/share/baloo/file/postlist.baseA: Too many
> open files
> Couldn't open /home/piotr/.local/share/baloo/file/postlist.baseB: Too many
> open files

If the migrator cannot get lock, then it's probably before some other process
is holding it - I assume you have the baloo_file process running, so stop it
(just kill it, there's no other way) and run the migrator - this time it could
work. Then start baloo_file again.

I at least committed a fix for Baloo to talk less bananas and more actual
error messages :)

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
KDE Desktop Team

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348