Baloo: tags missing

Piotr Gbyliczek piotr.gbyliczek at reconnix.com
Thu Aug 21 13:30:03 UTC 2014

On Thursday 21 August 2014 15:04:30 Daniel Vratil wrote:
> > Before any comments, found and tried some info, but nepomukbaloomigrator
> > crashes on me, and I can't start nepomuk from my user, only from root
> > (where tags aren't existing, obviously)
>
> What happens when you start Nepomuk as user? Try it from console: nepomukctl
> start - it might tell you more about where the problem is. Maybe that is
> also the reason why the migrator crashes.

I'm sure that I've tried it before several times and it did not started, which
would be logical reason for the crash of the migrator.

This time however it did work, and this is the result :

Object::connect: No such signal
org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
Object::connect: No such signal
org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
nepomukbaloomigrator(11775): "database is locked Unable to fetch row"
nepomukbaloomigrator(11775): "database is locked Unable to fetch row"
nepomukbaloomigrator(11775): "database is locked Unable to fetch row"
nepomukbaloomigrator(11775): "database is locked Unable to fetch row"
nepomukbaloomigrator(11775): Bananana Error
nepomukbaloomigrator(11775):
nepomukbaloomigrator(11775): Bananana Error
nepomukbaloomigrator(11775): Serious Error:
nepomukbaloomigrator(11775): Error opening table
`/home/piotr/.local/share/baloo/file/postlist.':
Couldn't open /home/piotr/.local/share/baloo/file/postlist.baseA: Too many open
files
Couldn't open /home/piotr/.local/share/baloo/file/postlist.baseB: Too many open
files
  DatabaseOpeningError: Error opening table
`/home/piotr/.local/share/baloo/file/postlist.':
Couldn't open /home/piotr/.local/share/baloo/file/postlist.baseA: Too many open
files
Couldn't open /home/piotr/.local/share/baloo/file/postlist.baseB: Too many open
files

KCrash: Application 'nepomukbaloomigrator' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/libexec/kde4/drkonqi from kdeinit
sock_file=/home/piotr/.kde/socket-takeshi.reconnix.com/kdeinit4__0
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 23 and type 'Read', disabling...

It seems that some work was done, as my tags are now present and files are
tagged with them.  However, the process crashed. Any way to check if it moved
all the data before ?

--
Piotr Gbyliczek
Systems Administrator (LPIC 3, Novell CLA certified)