Baloo: tags missing

Daniel Vratil dvratil at redhat.com
Thu Aug 21 13:04:30 UTC 2014

On Thursday 21 of August 2014 12:53:50 Piotr Gbyliczek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did the switch to KDE 4.13 and I seem to lost the tags that I've added to
> my files. This is most likely due to Nepomuk - > Baloo migration.
>
> Could not find anything useful on the list or in the web, so :
>
> Are the tags lost , or I need to dig deeper into how to attempt to retrieve
> them from some data store that Nepomuk had ?
>
> If so, any hints or links on how to do it ?
>
> Before any comments, found and tried some info, but nepomukbaloomigrator
> crashes on me, and I can't start nepomuk from my user, only from root (where
> tags aren't existing, obviously)

What happens when you start Nepomuk as user? Try it from console: nepomukctl
start - it might tell you more about where the problem is. Maybe that is also
the reason why the migrator crashes.

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
KDE Desktop Team

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348