Default browser in Fedora KDE Plasma

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Aug 9 23:49:17 UTC 2015

Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> And do you remember all the complaints that materialized due to that.

There were complaints about many things in Fedora 9. The kdelibs3
applications were not part of the valid complaints we got. Honestly, those
were the applications that worked the most reliably in Fedora 9. There were
some look&feel issues, in that kdelibs3 did not support the Oxygen
look&feel. We do not have this problem now with kdelibs 4 and Fedora 22,
because the Breeze widget style was backported to Qt 4, and the Breeze icon
theme just works in it (because icon themes now use a freedesktop.org
standard that works even in GTK+). So why does it matter at all that the
application uses kdelibs 4? You shouldn't even notice it.

        Kevin Kofler