Pros / Cons: Replacing Konqueror with Firefox

Mustafa Muhammad mustafa1024m at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 06:09:44 UTC 2015

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 11:36 PM, Sindre Wetjen <sindre.w at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 09 August 2015 10:34:48 Gerald B. Cox wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Mustafa Muhammad <
> mustafa1024m at gmail.com>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > OK, I didn't know this.
> > >
> > > But QtWebKit is not on par with upstream WebKit, not even close, not
> when
> > > Chromium used WebKit, and not now.
>
> Its hard to find any real data on this. If you have any, please share.
> Granted
> WebKit is lagging behind and Safari (the only major browser using it) is
> being
> called the new IE6, but it is still an active and popular rendering engine.

You can test Konq on your machine, for me I get 355 in html5test.com
Chrome switched to Blink in version 28
I tested Konqueror    355
>From the site [1]
Chrome 24   433
Safari 9        400
Safari 8        396

So even 2 years ago, Chrome is ahead of what we have now.

[1]
http://html5test.com/compare/browser/chrome-24/safari-9.0/safari-8.0.html