Plasma5 loss of configurability?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 18:19:33 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-03-14 at 23:21 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 03/14/15 22:36, Eike Hein wrote:
> >

> > On 03/13/2015 11:52 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> >> Yes, it can't be done with the graphic tool. Just pointing out the,
> >> hopefully, temporary workaround.
> >
> > It can be done with the graphic tool. "Time" is its own
> > combo box in the config page, independent from "Currency".
> >

> No, you can't.  And the problem is related to being "American".
>
> Yes, you can set the "time" setting to UK, or Germany, or whatever to get you 24hr time.  *BUT* you end up getting the date in your clock in the format of dd/mm/yyyy or dd/mm/yy when we (silly) Americans want mm/dd/yy.

Actually, most of the people who call themselves American use the
dd/mm/yy format. I refer to every other country in the Americas apart
from the US.

US nationals are perfectly entitled to call themselves Americans of
course, just be aware that other nationalities also do so. That's why
the locale settings don't say American, they say US (or VE, BR, CA, etc.
as the case may be).

poc