Plasma5 loss of configurability?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Mar 14 22:57:00 UTC 2015

On 03/15/15 02:19, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sat, 2015-03-14 at 23:21 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:

>>> It can be done with the graphic tool. "Time" is its own
>>> combo box in the config page, independent from "Currency".
>>>

>> No, you can't.  And the problem is related to being "American".
>>
>> Yes, you can set the "time" setting to UK, or Germany, or whatever to get you 24hr time.  *BUT* you end up getting the date in your clock in the format of dd/mm/yyyy or dd/mm/yy when we (silly) Americans want mm/dd/yy.
> Actually, most of the people who call themselves American use the
> dd/mm/yy format. I refer to every other country in the Americas apart
> from the US.

Pedantic much?  :-) :-)

In the spirit of being "pedantic" I will point out that I first used quotes around "American" to indicate it wasn't related to the entire continent of North American or South American.  And, incidentally, most folks know that Canadians, Mexicans, and people living in countries other than the USA don't commonly refer to themselves as Americans.