Plasma5 loss of configurability?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 11:20:03 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-03-15 at 06:57 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > Actually, most of the people who call themselves American use the
> > dd/mm/yy format. I refer to every other country in the Americas
> apart
> > from the US.
>
> Pedantic much?  :-) :-)

Well if we can't be pedantic, what's the point :-)

> In the spirit of being "pedantic" I will point out that I first used
> quotes around "American" to indicate it wasn't related to the entire
> continent of North American or South American.  And, incidentally,
> most folks know that Canadians, Mexicans, and people living in
> countries other than the USA don't commonly refer to themselves as
> Americans.

It depends on context. I lived in South America for over 30 years and I
can assure you that whenever people saw a movie, TV show, political
speech or whatever from the US in which "American" was used in the sense
of nationality (which is close to 100% of the time), many people would
react negatively, essentially saying "we're American too". And I don't
mean hot-headed radicals but ordinary people without strong political
leanings.

However this is now getting OT.

poc