Network icons documented?

Jan Grulich jgrulich at redhat.com
Tue Mar 17 08:32:50 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 17 of March 2015 07:18 Syam Krishnan wrote:
> On 03/17/2015 03:13 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > On 03/17/15 00:49, Syam Krishnan wrote:
> >> So is it possible to disable this check?
> >> On machines not connected to Internet, but to a working LAN, Its
> >> irritating (on Windows too).>
> > I have found that you can't remove the package without removing some other
> > stuff.
> Against what do I file a bug report/feature request? I don't mean the
> package dependency problem, but the very "!" mark feature.
> I think there should be some option to disable it. Otherwise on machines
> that are not expected to have Internet connectivity,
> the icon indicates 'some problem' as if computers without Internet are
> second class citizens.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Syam

Hi,

you can report it on KDE bugzilla [1], but as the main plasma-nm developer I'm
not going to make this optional, there should be rather an information
somewhere that your connectivity is limited. Even on Windows you would see the
same icon if you cannot reach the full internet.

Btw. I just tried to remove NetworkManager-config-connectivity-fedora and there
is no dependency issue. I can't think of any package (at least KDE package)
which has it as dependency.

[1] - https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=plasma-nm&format=guided

Jan
--