Plasma 5 - Right Click Desktop - Konsole?

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Fri May 1 14:58:04 UTC 2015

On Fri, 01 May 2015 15:16:58 +0100
Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2015-05-01 at 14:19 +0100, José Matos wrote:
> > I agree with others that the plasma forgetting the session data is
> > the worst problem of plasma 5. That can in part be mitigated by
> > assigning initial desktops for applications since I always start
> > konsole in desktop 1, dolphin in desktop 2, kontact and firefox in
> > desktop 4 and so on. Not perfect but it helps a bit.
>
> Unfortunately I have a number of browser windows in different
> desktops. I tried setting the desktop property for the app and then
> for one of the windows separately but that doesn't get the result I
> want.

I tend to have exclusively one konsole and one firefox window opened at
a time (on their respective desktops), and extensively use multiple
tabs. This avoids over-cluttering the desktops (in my case, remaining
six desktops can then be used for various other apps, one per desktop),
and I always know where to look for various stuff... ;-) Btw,
given the multiple tabs functionality, I always fail to see the reason
for having multiple window instances of the same app (like firefox or
konsole).

Maybe we can start another thread, where everyone would describe
their preferred usecase of desktop setups, organization and placement
of windows, configuration settings, typical workflows, pros&cons,
etc... I always find it inspiring to see how other people customize
their workarea, and I often try out and experiment with different
things, to find an optimal setup for my needs. I guess other people can
be curious about this as well. :-)

One of the main things I like about KDE is that one can configure
almost anything to suit one's needs.

Best, :-)
Marko