Plasma 5 - Right Click Desktop - Konsole?

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Fri May 1 16:15:14 UTC 2015

On Friday 01 May 2015 15:58:04 Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> I tend to have exclusively one konsole and one firefox window opened at
> a time (on their respective desktops), and extensively use multiple
> tabs. This avoids over-cluttering the desktops (in my case, remaining
> six desktops can then be used for various other apps, one per desktop),
> and I always know where to look for various stuff...  Btw,
> given the multiple tabs functionality, I always fail to see the reason
> for having multiple window instances of the same app (like firefox or
> konsole).

Since you asked.

If possible I like to have the laptop connected to an external monitor so that I can use two monitors. Then it really helps to have two konsoles, on in each screen.

Or the code editor in one and the help in the other...

Regarding the topic of this thread and keeping this on topic, the windows placement inside screens seems to vary in weird ways at start while it behaved well in plasma 4.

As an example the window seems to remember the dimensions of the screen where it has not been in the next session.

Regards,
--
José Abílio