Gonna be a little irritating again Sorry

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Mon May 11 08:15:08 UTC 2015

Please everyone... I am not trolling or trying to start a debate. I am
just stating my own very personal views with the following.

I will start and end with the same statement.

My comments here in no way reflects the exceptionally good work and
repsonsiveness of Fedora's KDE Team.

This is the first time that I can remember that I am not looking
forward to the next release of Fedora.

I have done a bit of fiddeling with plasma 5 and I must say as a long
time KDE user I will not be upgrading to Plasma 5 on my main office or
home systems given its current state. It is buggy, missing many
features that I have become accustommed to and I have no way to work
around the issues.

While the individual issues that I have discovered may be minor, add
them all up together with all the problems and issues that have been
posted recently means some obstruction to my work flow.

I will list the problems:

no screensaver
clock on the system tray takes up way to much realestate resizing
windows causes my windows to black until I click the app on the task
switcher to minimze and then restore
I cannot set my regional settings to the country where I live without
changing the language of interface. I want it to remain english.
kdepim has not been ported to the new library set yet.
The text contrast kicker cannot be altered.
The American flag for the keyboard switcher is distorted

Like I said these issues are minor, but these issues are a reflection
of a very very cursive look. I would hate to see what I would find if
I did some real QA on it.

Again, my comments here in no way reflects the exceptionally good work
and repsonsiveness of Fedora's KDE Team. I am looking forward to when
Plasma 5 becomes more feature complete and stable. I am very confident
that the Fedora KDE team will get those out to us as soon as those
positive changes will become available.

Thanks for listening :)

Eli

believed to be clean.