Gonna be a little irritating again Sorry

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon May 11 10:00:42 UTC 2015

On 05/11/15 17:37, Daniel Vrátil wrote:

>> > I can't define the date/time format for the systray clock that I want.  I
>> > want 24hr format an mm/dd/yy.
> We could add the to the configuration UI, or you could try to change that in
> regional and datetime settings.

Well, there is no locale which gets you 24hr format and US style mm/dd/yy.  There are those that get you 24hr but they all have dd/mm/yy.  Even LC_TIME=C is that way.  :-(

I've failed to find a procedure, that works, to define and install a custom locale.  If that was available....

>> > The "upgrade" to Plasma 5 should be "seamless" in that your themes and
>> > decorations are retained.  User installed themes are in a new location but
>> > not moved in the "upgrade" process.  Users will have to spend time to redo
>> > their environment.  If they have many systems they may get annoyed.
> In most cases that is not possible, as Oxygen Plasma 5 itself looks very
> differently from Oxygen in KDE 4 (+ Breeze is now the default), and most 3rd
> party themes and decorations don't provide Qt 5 versions yet, so what actually
> happens is fallback to default.
>
> Plus there were some major changings in the internals of Plasma, so the devs
> decided that it will be safer to not migrate the shell configuration
> (basically, it's better not to migrate anything than to migrate only something
> and break stuff).

OK....  Short term pain I suppose.  It took me a while to find a theme that I liked and "worked".  Many of the themes look nice but fail to display the NetworkManager icons to set "Airplane Mode" and turn on/off Wireless.  Breeze, IMHO, is pretty ugly.  :-)