F22 blocker/freeze exception review: on-list? in-bug? special meeting?

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed May 13 01:55:22 UTC 2015

On 05/12/2015 05:53 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>> Ditto.
>> Session restore doesn't seem like a great FE candidate, since people
>> don't usually use sessions on live images. Post-install issues like
>> that can be handled fine with updates; the update will be available as
>> a 0-day if karma'ed.
>
> I suppose I may have mis-understood the question.  As I didn't read this as being "live image" centric.
>
> I generally don't use/test the Live images all that much.  But, if folks use the Live images as a way of deciding if they will use the release and if the Live image supports logging out/in.....then I still feel it is a must.

The reason it is critical for release is because we don't release
updates for the live images - once shipped, that's it.

> One question.  Would a netinstall eliminate the need to install and then update to get the fix?

If you did a netinstall with the updates repo enabled, then yes it would
be a one step process.  But even a two step - install then update, is
acceptable since we expect people to be applying updates regularly.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com