KDE in Fedora 23 -- Magazine article?

Sudhir Khanger ml at sudhirkhanger.com
Wed Nov 4 19:21:11 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 04 Nov 2015 8:36:22 AM Ryan Lerch wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone is willing to work with me on writing up a
> magazine article for KDE in Fedora 23 on the Fedora Magazine?

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for taking the initiative.

Here's a rough draft I have created. I would like it to be looked over by some
more experienced member of this community before your critique. Please feel
free to make grammatical changes. I will also add a screenshot for each of the
sub-headings.

*****
Fedora 23 KDE Plasma Desktop brings you the best and the latest of
Fedora and KDE Plasma Desktop. KDE Plasma Desktop is a modern and a
familiar desktop environment for your everyday computing needs.

Fedora 23 KDE Plasma Desktop features Plasma 5.4.0, KDE
Frameworks 5.15, and KDE Applications 15.08. Plasma 5.4 includes a new
audio applet, Application Dashboard, updated breeze icon theme, KRunner
auto-completion, Networks applet with graphs. Notable changes in KDE
Applications 15.08 are KF5 based Kontact suite app and file manager
Dolphin. Firefox is now the default web browser.

*New Audio Volume Applet*

Plasma 5.4 contains a new and improved audio applet. The design is
based on Breeze theme which brings even more consistency to the system
tray. It works directly with PulseAudio. Puvcontrol users will find
it familiar to use.

*Application Dashboard*

Application Dashboard is an innovative and a contextual app
launcher. The full screen app launcher features full spatial keyboard
navigation. There are three main columns - favorites, recent apps, and
categories. Any app or document or contact can be added to your
favorites. It's now much easier to open that work document or contact
a family member.

*Breeze Icon Theme*

Breeze icon theme in Plasma 5.4 packs 1400 new icons which not only
covers KDE apps but brings improved and native looks to Inkscape,
Firefox, LibreOffice, etc.

*KRunner*

KRunner can now auto-complete your searches from history as you
type.

*Networks Applet*

Networks applet in Plasma 5.4 shows speed graph and connection
details. Two new VPN plugin to help connecting over SSH or SSTP is
also supported with this release.

*Firefox as default browser*

Firefox is now the default browser for Fedora 23 KDE Plasma
Desktop. Konqueror also comes pre-installed along with Firefox.

Contributing:-
Please show you support and talents by joining KDE community here at Fedora.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KDE

Sources:-
https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.4.0.php
https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-15.08.0.php