KDE in Fedora 23 -- Magazine article?

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Wed Nov 4 23:47:10 UTC 2015

On 11/05/2015 05:21 AM, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 Nov 2015 8:36:22 AM Ryan Lerch wrote:
>> Just wondering if anyone is willing to work with me on writing up a
>> magazine article for KDE in Fedora 23 on the Fedora Magazine?
> Hi Ryan,
>
> Thanks for taking the initiative.
>
> Here's a rough draft I have created. I would like it to be looked over by some
> more experienced member of this community before your critique. Please feel
> free to make grammatical changes. I will also add a screenshot for each of the
> sub-headings.
>
> *****
> Fedora 23 KDE Plasma Desktop brings you the best and the latest of
> Fedora and KDE Plasma Desktop. KDE Plasma Desktop is a modern and a
> familiar desktop environment for your everyday computing needs.
>
> Fedora 23 KDE Plasma Desktop features Plasma 5.4.0, KDE
> Frameworks 5.15, and KDE Applications 15.08. Plasma 5.4 includes a new
> audio applet, Application Dashboard, updated breeze icon theme, KRunner
> auto-completion, Networks applet with graphs. Notable changes in KDE
> Applications 15.08 are KF5 based Kontact suite app and file manager
> Dolphin. Firefox is now the default web browser.
>
> *New Audio Volume Applet*
>
> Plasma 5.4 contains a new and improved audio applet. The design is
> based on Breeze theme which brings even more consistency to the system
> tray. It works directly with PulseAudio. Puvcontrol users will find
> it familiar to use.
>
> *Application Dashboard*
>
> Application Dashboard is an innovative and a contextual app
> launcher. The full screen app launcher features full spatial keyboard
> navigation. There are three main columns - favorites, recent apps, and
> categories. Any app or document or contact can be added to your
> favorites. It's now much easier to open that work document or contact
> a family member.
>
> *Breeze Icon Theme*
>
> Breeze icon theme in Plasma 5.4 packs 1400 new icons which not only
> covers KDE apps but brings improved and native looks to Inkscape,
> Firefox, LibreOffice, etc.
>
> *KRunner*
>
> KRunner can now auto-complete your searches from history as you
> type.
>
> *Networks Applet*
>
> Networks applet in Plasma 5.4 shows speed graph and connection
> details. Two new VPN plugin to help connecting over SSH or SSTP is
> also supported with this release.
>
> *Firefox as default browser*
>
> Firefox is now the default browser for Fedora 23 KDE Plasma
> Desktop. Konqueror also comes pre-installed along with Firefox.
>
> Contributing:-
> Please show you support and talents by joining KDE community here at Fedora.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KDE
>
> Sources:-
> https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.4.0.php
> https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-15.08.0.php
> https://www.kde.org/announcements/kde-frameworks-5.15.0.php

> [...]
This is perfect!

Have you ever logged into the magazine before? You can do so with your
FAS account (instructions here:
http://fedoramagazine.org/logging-into-fedora-magazine-with-fas/)
Once you have logged in, shoot me a email, and i will grant you author
status, so you can create a new post.

also +1000 for screenshots :)

cheers,
ryanlerch