Dolphin support for Google Drive

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Nov 7 18:21:05 UTC 2015

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> I looked at Insync a while back and it did seem quite good, but for my
> needs I don't really want to pay a monthly fee.

There is at least this:
https://disk.yandex.com/
that offers 10 GB for free (and the FAQ claims you can easily up that to 20
GB) and supports webdavs. They even have instructions for Dolphin:
https://yandex.com/support/disk/webdav/webdav-linux.xml#dolphin

That said:
* it is hosted in Russia, "any and all relations in connection with the use
  of the Service shall be governed by the law of the Russian Federation" and
  "in case of conflict between the Russian version of the Terms and its
  translation, the Russian version shall have legal effect", and
* everything beyond the initial 10 or 20 GB costs a monthly fee
which might both be reasons for some people to NOT go there. But I thought
I'd mention this anyway as one of the few options that give out storage
compatible with standard protocols at no charge.

        Kevin Kofler