Dolphin support for Google Drive

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 18:28:18 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-11-07 at 19:21 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > I looked at Insync a while back and it did seem quite good, but for
> > my
> > needs I don't really want to pay a monthly fee.
>
> There is at least this:
> https://disk.yandex.com/
> that offers 10 GB for free (and the FAQ claims you can easily up that
> to 20
> GB) and supports webdavs. They even have instructions for Dolphin:
> https://yandex.com/support/disk/webdav/webdav-linux.xml#dolphin
>
> That said:
> * it is hosted in Russia, "any and all relations in connection with
> the use
>   of the Service shall be governed by the law of the Russian
> Federation" and
>   "in case of conflict between the Russian version of the Terms and
> its
>   translation, the Russian version shall have legal effect", and
> * everything beyond the initial 10 or 20 GB costs a monthly fee
> which might both be reasons for some people to NOT go there. But I
> thought
> I'd mention this anyway as one of the few options that give out
> storage
> compatible with standard protocols at no charge.

As I already have a paid GD account which meets my storage needs, I'm
not really looking for other providers, but some might find this
useful.

Aside from my current browser-based usage, my main interest in a Linux
client would be as part of an automated backup system, so synching
(rather than simply copying) would be particularly good. This probably
means supporting random seeking and incremental writes.

poc