dnf update must be wrong...

Eric Griffith egriffith92 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 22:17:49 UTC 2015

Dnf / Yum and PackageKit (Apper / Gnome Software / etc) don't use the same
caches. One can tell you new updates are available, while the other
doesn't, because the first one just updated its information but the other
hasn't yet.  In this case, PackageKit updated itself and saw updates, but
dnf hadn't yet. The reverse can happen too.

There's ongoing work to unify the caches, but its still WIP.

Don't know about your other question. Probably a PolKit policy.

--Eric--