kde4-fedora copr

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Wed Nov 18 03:01:26 UTC 2015

Hello Piotr

I'm using KDE4 in F23 with your work and I'm very happy but working
alive all day I can spot some (minor) issues.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/apper.git/tree/apper.spec
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/kde-runtime.git/tree/kde-runtime.spe
https://pkgs.fedraproject.org/cgit/kactivities.git

Links above have "%define plasma5 1" which usually removes some stuff
which is for KDE4 , I'd like rebuild this packages without plasma5
defined

I'd like reuse all brilliant Rex Dieter work, is petty that F21 will be
EOL and we won't get more updates for KDE4 .

Analyzing some packages while I'm writing this email

kde-workspace branch f21 has been split

kde-baseapps wasn't been split but use rules like if 0%{fedora} < 22
which have to be reviewed , also have move dophin to dolphin4 , and we
have a new dolphin package .

Conclusion many work to do , meanwhile KDE4 is working

On Seg, 2015-11-16 at 09:19 +0000, Piotr Gbyliczek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wanted to announce that kde4-fedora copr repository[1] entered
> permanent
> beta stage now.
>
> When I picked up the idea of creating kde4 repo for future versions
> of fedora,
> It started in alpha stage. Things were broken or not installing on
> vanilla
> install then.
>
> Thanks to Rex Dieter and Sergio Basto I've got it to the point where
> it is
> easily installable with one command (two if you count enabling repo)
> on both
> F22 and F23, therefore I consider that alpha stage has finished.
>
> I think beta stage will be permanent, as we will be always catching
> up
> rawhide, as well as it sort of breaks vanilla install. Consider it a
> sort of
> warning that you may need a bit more just dnf install sometimes.
>
> As before, any feature requests or bug reports, please go to issue
> tracker for
> the project, available here [2] and via copr project contact link.
>
> Regards,
> Piotr
>
> [1]: https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/peem/kde4-fedora/
> [2]: https://bitbucket.org/peemhq/kde4-fedora/issues