Korganizer does not autostart

Syam Krishnan syamcr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 01:48:03 UTC 2015

On Friday 02 October 2015 06:22 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Syam Krishnan wrote:
>

>> Is this a bug? Or am I missing something?
> It's a bug, but I think there's an easy fix, mind filing a bug @
> bugzilla.redhat.com against kdepim for tracking purposes?
>
> In short, it's autostart file lives under /usr/share/autostart (used only by
> kde4) and not /etc/xdg/autostart

Thanks for the confirmation.

But can I ask a basic layman question..

How come the autostart file is in a root-only location like
/usr/share/autostart or /etc/xdg/autostart?
Shouldn't it be in a ordinary-user-writable location instead?
Otherwise, how come an ordinary user starting KOrganizer gets
permissions to install an auto-start file in these root-only locations?
And if one user chooses to autostart KOrganizer, won't it be enabled for
other users too?

Thanks and regards,

Syam