Korganizer does not autostart

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sat Oct 3 01:57:52 UTC 2015

Syam Krishnan wrote:

> But can I ask a basic layman question..
>
> How come the autostart file is in a root-only location like
> /usr/share/autostart or /etc/xdg/autostart?
> Shouldn't it be in a ordinary-user-writable location instead?
> Otherwise, how come an ordinary user starting KOrganizer gets
> permissions to install an auto-start file in these root-only locations?
> And if one user chooses to autostart KOrganizer, won't it be enabled for
> other users too?

Your suggestion is one possible implementation, but ...

the way it currently works is that the autostart .desktop file includes a
special key to conditionally start or not.

for example, korganizer's korgac.desktop includes:

X-KDE-autostart-condition=korgacrc:General:Autostart:true

which means it'll only start if ~/.kde/share/config/korgacrc [General]
section includes a key
Autostart=true

-- Rex