A near freeze of plasma

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Sep 5 12:04:06 UTC 2015

I've been seeing this problem several times a day.  I can't reproduce it in any reliable way and I have no idea how I can go about collecting the needed info...  Anyway, here is what happens.

My most recent experience with "freeze" is not a solid one. The screen is frozen but I can still move the mouse around. Also, if there is a video playing it will freeze but the audio will continue on. I can get out of it by logging in from a terminal and doing a "killall -u myusername" which gets me back to the login screen.

I think "kwin" is the most likely suspect and have upgraded to kwin-5.4.0-4 from updates testing as the changelog included this nugget which gave me hope....

* Tue Aug 25 2015 Daniel Vrátil <dvratil at redhat.com> - 5.4.0-2
 - add upstream patch to fix crash
 - make sure kwayland-integration is installed for kwin-wayland

But no... Still have issues.  Any suggestion on what to look for to see if the culprit can be identified?

--
It seems most people that say they are "done talking about it" never really are until given the last word.