A near freeze of plasma

Glenn Holmer shadowm at lyonlabs.org
Sat Sep 5 13:13:53 UTC 2015

On 09/05/2015 07:04 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> My most recent experience with "freeze" is not a solid one.

I suffer from the "freeze" issue as well. It's as bad as it's ever been
(on average about once/day). If I'm in front of the machine and  catch
it quickly enough, I can drop to console and "systemctl restart sddm",
but it degrades quickly. At its worst, I can ssh from another machine,
but a "systemctl stop sddm" or either "systemctl isolate multi-user"
just hangs, and the machine has to be rebooted.

FYI, always running the latest updates, and I've an NVidia GeForce GTX
650 on the nouveau driver.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)