F22 / KDE5

Eric Griffith egriffith92 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 20:40:35 UTC 2015

On Sep 15, 2015 4:34 PM, "Reindl Harald" <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 15.09.2015 um 22:28 schrieb Rex Dieter:
>>
>> Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> than why not just stay at KDE4 as long it is possible
>>

>> When depending on the the product of a meritocracy and you're not
>> contributing to it, then you may not be satisfied with the output.  And
>> that's fine.  I'm sorry Plasma5 doesn't satisfy you.
>>
>> *I* strongly feel plasma5 is good enough, and enjoy investing time in
making
>> it better every day. I would not enjoy spending much effort prolonging
kde4,
>> especially if that means losing time making plasma5 better
>

> well, the problem is that we (as users) spend so much of our life time by
waiting for "making xyz better" - that works only well if things where not
better in the past, but after some iterations of "waiting for things
getting better" aka "waiting how the become mature as that what you had
before" you just get tired

> you get with each iteration of "we throw away working things and now you
user have to wait for a unknown number of years to get them mature again"
more tired until you are at the point "why in the world do i waste my life
for waiting things to get mature again and not just accept that the whole
IT is broken, leave it at all and start a fast food restaurant"

The whole of IT and computers -is- based around change. Get used to it.
There probably isn't any other profession that is more so in a state of
constant flux than computers and IT. Some of that change is for the better,
some of it is for the worse,  it whether any of us like it not the change
keeps coming and WILL keep coming. Anyone who can't handle that kind of
flux and instability in their field is probably in the wrong field..