F22 / KDE5

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Sep 15 20:49:42 UTC 2015

Am 15.09.2015 um 22:40 schrieb Eric Griffith:
> On Sep 15, 2015 4:34 PM, "Reindl Harald" <h.reindl at thelounge.net

> you get with each iteration of "we throw away working things and now
> you user have to wait for a unknown number of years to get them mature
> again" more tired until you are at the point "why in the world do i
> waste my life for waiting things to get mature again and not just accept
> that the whole IT is broken, leave it at all and start a fast food
> restaurant"
>  >
>  >

> The whole of IT and computers -is- based around change. Get used to it.
> There probably isn't any other profession that is more so in a state of
> constant flux than computers and IT. Some of that change is for the
> better, some of it is for the worse,  it whether any of us like it not
> the change keeps coming and WILL keep coming. Anyone who can't handle
> that kind of flux and instability in their field is probably in the
> wrong field..

really?

i work now for 13 years in that business as professional developer,
while i learned programming with the age of 6 years in the realy 1980's,
most likely at times where a lot of the "we change the world each year"
developers even where not born

that massive regressions and not care about anything by just develop and
change for the sake of change and develop arrived the last 5 years where
obviously a ton of people with no clue what they are doing started to
influence development

there is a difference of change / optimize / improve and thinking one
needs to redraw the world from scratch witn no care about anything

i have no other word than idiots for such upstream attitudes

honestly, if they code some stuff for their personal use then they
should state it in big and fat letters with a "enduser go away, we don't
do anything for you which will last longer than 3 years and ever stay
mature for a reasonable timeframe"