F22 / KDE5

Dan Mossor danofsatx at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 16:34:32 UTC 2015

On 09/16/2015 03:05 AM, Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> show of hands then... who likes kde5?
>
> Quoting Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com>:
>
>> On 16 September 2015 at 05:49, Eli Wapniarski
>> <eli at orbsky.homelinux.org> wrote:
>>> So Kevin
>>>
>>> And with all due respect to the great effort that the KDE Packaging
>>> Team puts
>>> into each release, what is going to be done about it?
>>>
>>> 99% of us agree that KDE 5 is not nice to work with. We are totally
>>> dependant
>>> on upstream to include and fix functionality and features and as
>>> usual, they do
>>> not seem to be very responsive to user needs. Debates regarding KDE5
>>> degenerate into cursing, name calling and trash talk.
>>>

>> It's a mistake to assume because there are five email chains started
>> by the same person that 99% of people agree.
>>
>> --
>> imalone
>> http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk

I like Plasma5, even with all of it's bugs and idiosyncrasies. I
recommend it to every person I speak with regarding Fedora over GNOME -
while it has some usability issues, it is still head and shoulders above
the Workstation edition of Fedora.

With that said, however, if you want to stay on a tested and reliable
version, then you are using the wrong operating system. CentOS 7.1 still
ships with KDE4. It is within the Fedora/RH ecosystem and based on
Fedora 19 - if your workflow was established with KDE4 in 19 or 20, then
you should feel right at home on CentOS 7.1.

-Dan
--
Dan Mossor, RHCSA
Systems Engineer