KDE 5: controlbar fonts cutted

Piotr Gbyliczek piotr.gbyliczek at reconnix.com
Fri Sep 18 11:23:24 UTC 2015

On Friday 18 September 2015 12:46:46 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > I would say decision to revert patch in 4.7 (stable release) and move it
> > to development branch was not out of place
>
> WTF??? Such a decision is ALWAYS out of place. IMHO, bugfixes MUST ALWAYS be
> backported to the stable branch, and even if you disagree with that (sadly,
> KDE policy does not require backports of bugfixes, it only forbids
> backports of non-bugfixes), that doesn't justify REVERTING a backport that
> was already done.

This bug was not a critical security bug, it was a bit of annoyance for widget
users. Actual task was done fine, file was renamed, just resulted in unnecessary
error message.

In such case I would say it would be very nice to backport it, but I would set
low priority on that task. If new release would be close, I would be very much
inclined to let it go and tell everybody to update to latest stable.

Throw anger and an insult or two in the mix, and the inclination would force
the decision.

BTW, I personally need to calm myself down every time somebody uses "WTF" in
an email. You may see it as harmless, but I see a man shouting at me in anger,
which I don't like. Luckily, I'm not offended by that, indirect nature of
internet communication makes people less emphatic, but some may be.

Regards,
Piotr