static libraries (patches for GLib, ATK and Pango)

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Fri Feb 20 21:43:05 UTC 2009

Op vrijdag 20-02-2009 om 19:55 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef Richard
W.M. Jones:
> (4) *-static subpackages don't happen by magic.  You have to find
> someone to do this work for you, or do it yourself.
>
> (5) Post your patches to this list, for the usual review / submission
> process.

Here are patches for GLib, ATK and Pango.

For ATK, it is a pretty straightforward --enable-static flag.

For Pango a patch needs to be applied as the static build of Pango is
intentionally disabled in the configure script. However, according to
the SVN logs of Pango, this change was done almost 5 years ago [1] and I
haven't found any strange behaviour with the static build so I think it
is safe to apply.

For GLib there's also a small difference in the header file
glibconfig.h. See the patch for full details.

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek

[1]: http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/pango?view=revision&revision=1117