mingw-w64 patches for wine-gecko

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Thu Jul 25 21:31:22 UTC 2013

Erik van Pienbroek schreef op zo 21-07-2013 om 16:12 [+0200]:
> Here's what I would like to propose:
>
> 1. Update mingw-w64 in rawhide and f19-updates-testing to
>    today's snapshot
> 2. Kick off a test mass rebuild without winpthreads to make
>    sure there are no more build failures
> 3. Once we've got a confirmation that all build failures are
>    really resolved, push these updated mingw-w64 packages to
>    f18-updates (with buildroot overrides in place for the time
>    the packages have to spend in updates-testing)
> 4. Afterwards the wine maintainer can build and push updated
>    versions of mingw-wine-gecko and wine itself to f18
>
> Does this sound like a good plan to you folks?

Okay, so with the test mass rebuild completed we're about to enter step
3 of the plan. The test mass rebuild showed that all build regressions
are resolved now. The only ones remaining are:
- a cximage libpng 1.6 compatibility issue (which is rawhide specific),
- a build issue in libvirt (for which patches are already upstreamed)
- and a build issue in qt5-qtwebkit (which is f19 and rawhide specific
  as I don't plan om introducing qt 5.1 on f18).

So with this in mind I guess it should be safe to update the mingw-w64
toolchain in f18 to the 20130721 snapshot. I'll build updated packages
and push them to f18-updates-testing and the f18 buildroot override.

Regards,

Erik