mingw-w64 patches for wine-gecko

Andreas Bierfert andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de
Mon Jul 22 16:25:03 UTC 2013

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 14:59:10 +0200
Kalev Lember <kalevlember at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not so sure about f18 -- might be best to just leave it be. Is there any
> pressing need to update the wine packages in f18?

Well we are kind of in a bad situation here: If we do not update wine in f18 we
will stay with a development version of wine which is getting more and more out
of date and pretty useless for users. There is actually no way in backporting
fixes etc. Going back to the last stable wine (1.4.x) is not a good solution as
well.

If we update wine and drop support for native fedora gecko we are back at where
we were before we had a proper mingw in fedora. This is something I'd like to
avoid. Especially as this would force users to download gecko again from winehq.

Regards,
Andreas
--
BR Andreas Bierfert, M.Sc.     | phone: +49 33056 423336 | GPG: C58CF1CB
andreas.bierfert at lowlatency.de | fax:   +49 33056 423338 | signed/encrypted