RFC Fedora 23 Change idea

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 25 23:55:09 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 06:44:49PM -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> I know it is a pretty rough outline but figured I would get something
> out and some discussion to see if what others thought. I think
> especially the atomic version could be really useful. a very simple
> way to get some storage up and running and use and keep it updated.
> especially long term, since going from Fedora 23 to 24 should be a
> simple atomic update.

I like the idea, and I think it would make a lot of sense for a Fedora
Server role.

I think it'd be nice to have a relatively simple interface where one
sees storage as a pool of (redundant) disks, probably grouped into /srv
or whatever, and then a separate interface for exporting directories
from that volume via cifs, nfs, or others (but I think cifs and nfs as
top priority).

I like the idea in general for using atomic/ostree here, but I wonder
if maybe this would be best in the general context of making _all_ of
the server roles available that way.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>