[Fedora-spins] Help creating a spin

Jonathan Roberts jonrob at fedoraproject.org
Thu Aug 28 10:58:32 UTC 2008

> > 1) I need livna to begin with (haven't converted files to theora/ogg
> > yet). When I specify livna in the ks using the mirrorlist from my
> > livna.repo file, it hangs.
> >

> Hmm, what does the kickstart section with regards to the repository
> configuration look like?

# Add the repos you wish to use to compose here.  At least one of them
needs gr$
repo --name=fedora
--mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?rep$
repo --name=fedora-source
--mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorl$
repo --name=fedora-updates
--mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirror$
repo --name=fedora-updates-source
--mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org$
repo --name=livna --baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/9/i386/

> > 2) copy_dir goes in the revisor.conf file right?
> >

> Yes, in the model configuration, e.g.:
>
> [f9-i386-foo]
> description=(...)
> (...)
> copy_dir=/tmp (which btw in general is a bad location to choose for
> copy_dir because of all the other bits that are in there, but OK)

Ah, this bit suddenly made sense to me. So if it's copied to root, I
need to put the files I want in say:

/tmp/home/fedora/

which will be copied over to /home/fedora/

?
Thanks for the help,

Jon