[Fedora-spins] FEL Spin

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 23:18:10 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 11:27:07PM +0100, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > Sorry to reply to myself -- but I realized that if there haven't been
> > major changes to a Spin, it's unclear whether a new TM approval is
> > needed from the Board.  In the past, once Spins were approved, the
> > Board typically didn't re-examine them every release.  Obviously if
> > there have been major changes introduced in a Spin since the prior
> > approval, the Board should have the chance to revisit the approval.
> > But in the absence of major changes, does the Spins SIG think this is
> > necessary every release?
> >

> The Spins SIG doesn't want to overload the board and does not want to
> frustrate the process with an extra step unless it is required (like
> with a new Spin, or at the Board's request), or desirable (like with
> major changes).

Great!

> What exactly entails a major change remains to be seen -so far I think
> we haven't had any other then the Education Math spin becoming a more
> general Education spin (again, not really major).

I wrote a bit on this in a separate thread (sorry for the scattering
-- there were already several going I think).  I think the Spins SIG
is fully capable of figuring out what is a major change and what is
not.  If any specific problems arise, I think it would be appropriate
for the SIG to escalate as it would any other issue.  What do you
think?