[Fedora-spins] Spins in Ready for SIG state

pbrobinson at gmail.com pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 20:50:24 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 8:19 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> I put all (not counting some ks only locale varients) spins into ready for
> SIG state after reviewing differences since F13. (Eventually we need to
> do deeper reviews.) MeeGo is the only one that I think needs any discussion,
> the rest should be pretty much just approved since there aren't any
> significant changes. For MeeGo it went out with experimental video
> drivers enabled, which wasn't supposed to happen and I like to see that
> removed now if it isn't still needed, to make the slip less likely for
> F14. Also I am not sure that the trademark issue is resolved. Paul asked
> on the advisory board list, and no other board members said yeah or nay if
> they thought the board needed to reapprove the trademark. (I'd be inclined
> to say that the lack comment suggests that reapproval by the full board
> isn't needed, but we can discuss that Monday.)

I can't really comment on the Board approval but the experimental
video makes mutter usuable on nvidia and ATI cards. It will either
become stable during F-14 due to gnome-shell due to testing, or the
main gnome-3 spin will include it too which means I don't see why I
should have to exclude it.

Peter