[Fedora-spins] Spins in Ready for SIG state

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Jul 18 21:22:19 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 21:50:24 +0100,
  "pbrobinson at gmail.com" <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't really comment on the Board approval but the experimental
> video makes mutter usuable on nvidia and ATI cards. It will either
> become stable during F-14 due to gnome-shell due to testing, or the
> main gnome-3 spin will include it too which means I don't see why I
> should have to exclude it.

Generally, because it can break things (for example warzone 2100) depending
on the video card.

That it shouldn't be there at release was explicitly decided at a Spins
meeting quite a while back. That discussion can be reopened, but the default
is that previously decided policy should be followed.

I wouldn't expect it to be making much difference for ATI cards right now.
I thought r600/r700 3D stuff was on by default and the r800s don't have
3D support right now. Though the r800 situation could change before release.

I don't know what is going to happen with Nouveau 3D support for F14.