[Fedora-spins] [spin-kickstarts] add ec2 kickstart

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 1 01:27:51 UTC 2011

Am Montag, den 28.02.2011, 19:01 -0600 schrieb Dennis Gilmore:
> On Monday, February 28, 2011 05:53:49 PM Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> > Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > > commit 513737f702097eeda95158cbf38517b65f1ec79b
> > > Author: Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us>
> > > Date:   Fri Feb 25 20:06:35 2011 -0600
> > >
> > >     add ec2 kickstart
> >
> > This is... interesting.
> >
> > Where is the Spins page for this spin? Who is the maintainer, and which SIG
> > backs it up? Has this kickstart been reviewed and if so, why is SELinux
> > disabled? I distinctly recall a "SELinux may be permissive at the lowest
> > under specific circumstances" sort of guideline after feedback from the
> > Board on this. Why does it not include the common base kickstart?
> >
> > -- Jeroen
> Ithe kickstart was created by the cloud sig
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Cloud_SIG, it was a fedora 14 feature
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/EC2

Please note that a feature is something different than a spin. Both are
related and the spins process is very similar to the feature process,
but fact that the *feature* was approved by FESCo doesn't mean that the
*spin* is approved by the spins SIG and the board. The feature page
doesn't even mention the spin.

> i was given a copy of the kickstart
> by justin forbes, i checked it in so it wont get lost.  the fedora 14 images
> were not created by releng. but they are in the process of being migrated
> across.  Ive not done anything at all to what i was given.

Thanks for the info, Dennis.

This basically means the file should not be in git at all. If you or the
cloud SIG wants to see this in git and the spin-kickstarts package,
please follow the spins process as outlined in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spins_Process

Regards,
Christoph