2015 Planning Committee

Remy DeCausemaker decause at redhat.com
Fri Mar 27 20:47:22 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 04:05:34PM -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> I would of course being willing to do whatever is required - if
> someone needs a specific task done (even if that task is figuring out
> what tasks need to be done :D), I'd be more than happy to help. It
> does seem like you, Tom, and Josh have an overwhelming burden to deal
> with - but with Remy and the events person in OSAS on board, it does
> seem that you have more support than in the past. However, as always
> shout if anything is needed.
>
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Ruth Suehle <rsuehle at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> So, just out of curiosity, how is the planning committee being
> >> selected this year?
> >

> > We once tried having a committee selected from FAmSCo and FESCo. We've also
> > tried just having regular meetings. TBH, no matter what we've tried, Tom and
> > Josh and I were doing most of it, so we just keep doing it, and when anybody
> > else want to help, they're always welcome to help.
> >
> > This year we're fortunate that a)we all speak the language of the country
> > we're in, so that helps, and b)we have a lot of support on-site. Doing it in
> > a hotel means we have the hotel's convention planner. We also have the
> > Rochester CVB helping. And we've just hired Remy onto my team, who came from
> > RIT, so he knows the area and situation well, and we've hired an events
> > person to support things OSAS does. So we're actually far better supported
> > than we ever have been before!
> >
> > Which is not to say that if there's something anyone would like to help with
> > that they shouldn't. Like this week I asked for help with the website.
> > Paul's been working on it, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind handing it over to
> > somebody with the time to invest! :-)
> >
> > Ruth

/me is watching this thread intently, as I'm sure that anything that
goes wrong with FLOCK this will certainly (and rightfully) be all my
fault ;)

Srsly though, I'm *so* excited for FLOCKchester, but since I'm still
'drinking from the firehose' as a new hire, I've been avoiding asking
for more details on this, and waiting for it to naturally crop up in
my inbox (hence today's reply.)

If we're lucky, the MAGIC center at RIT will also hire a
Remy-replacement before Flock that will help support "from the inside"
too (fingers crossed.)

Is there a standard planning/organizing timeline somewhere? A Regular
meeting schedule? This is my first time being more than just a FLOCK
attendee, so please bear with me if these are obvious questions. Once
I've got a timeline and calendar, I can start coordinating a "ground
crew" here in the ROC to help. I've already been making FLOCKchester
save-the-date annoucements at meetups and hackathons in and out of
town.

Thanks!
--RemyD.

--
Remy DeCausemaker
<decause at redhat.com>

308C A504 0B47 1503 C9D9  E670 E633 A79B 0BB0 F6D9