Test Day page

Noriko Mizumoto noriko.mizumoto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 08:31:50 UTC 2012

(2012年08月28日 17:57), Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel wrote:
> On 08/28/2012 12:56 PM, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
>> (2012年08月28日 15:46), Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel wrote:

>>> This issue was considered and discussed if I remember correctly. We are
>>> planning to have wiki pages for each language with default test page
>>> templates, so the problem would never appear again.
>>>
>>> Thanks for bringing this though!
>>
>> Umm... I have one concern on this plan.
>> If we have multiple pages, then each of us needs to check other pages
>> bug sections if a problem encountered has already been filed as bug or
>> not. Otherwise we may have great number of duplicate bugs, no??
>
> Bug filing should be done end of the testing event I think.

It may depend on a translator how he/she wanna go... in fact, I file a
bug as I go.

> Also bugzill workflow states the fist step as:
> * Search for equivalent existing bugs before filing a new bug

You are absolutely right, however it is time consuming task searching a
bug is. Especially it would become considerable amount of time at the
end, since searching is not only for one bug but generally more. Current
format is useful because a translator can see bugs at a glance without
searching, so that many of translators can save searching time.

I prefer Ani's suggestion of creating wiki page for each application.
 > In that case, what about creating wiki page for each application? But
then again:
 > 1. will end up in creating many wiki pages. This does not happen
while creating pages per language.
 > 2. multiple users will login to a wiki page at a time.

Or, creating wiki page per a couple of applications may reduce the
number of pages (solve the problem#1 above), as well can  help
distribute the traffic. I think...

noriko