Maithili language support gdm problem in Fedora

Parag N(पराग़) panemade at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 02:38:50 UTC 2008

Hi,

On 8/6/08, Behdad Esfahbod <besfahbo at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 13:03 +0530, Parag N(पराग़) wrote:
>
> > So even if we will get translations and all
>  > other changes done in Fedora by F10 release to support Maithili, users
>  > will not able to see Maithili language selection in gdm.
>

> Also note that this is not accurate.  If DejaVu Sans has Maithili
>  support, things should still work.  Also, even if you patch rawhide to
>  add orth file to fontconfig, not everything works.  Pango for example
>  needs to regenerate its language tables against the new fontconfig
>  language database and that does *not* happen with a rebuild of Pango.

     I think I asked only about gdm language selection issue. If other
things will not get fixed in time then we will miss support for
Maithili language. My only question was that why no update is given
on downstream or upstream bug?  I should have wait if any update is
given on fontconfig bug before asking on this issue on mailing list.

Regards,
Parag.