Accounting status: currently at $619.40 buffer

Mel Chua mchua at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 30 09:34:04 UTC 2009

(remaining check-ins from my FUDCon to-do list)

4. Make sure the budget balances

As of this writing, we have $619.40 in budget buffer, assuming
$50USD/person/night for hotel rooms (They're doubles at $105 Canadian,
which is $99.32 USD, but I'm not sure if that includes taxes.)

The leeway was originally roughly twice as large until I did the following:

* corrected the list of who was staying at the hotel (which gained us
buffer, since a number of people have since found their own Toronto
accommodations)
* corrected the list of how many nights people were staying (which lost
us buffer, since most people were originally budgeted for 3 nights but
need 4)

The current spreadsheet is at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Fudcon-Toronto-2009-expenses.ods
(linked to from
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:FUDCon_Toronto_2009_budget#Execution).[1]

It isn't entirely settled yet - there are still some expenses (random
office supplies) we haven't purchased, and some things with expenses
that aren't yet set (hotel isn't 100% final, for example) but all the
large items are either set or very close, so it looks like we're in
pretty good shape in case emergencies ("need extra hotel room NOW!" etc)
come up.

5. Make the accounting to-do list so Paul and I can settle out
which-team-pays-for-what at the end of FUDCon before we leave Toronto
(hopefully)

Accounting needs to be put in order in a more reasonable way (wishlist
for FAD: FUDCon accounting template/schedule/howto) and then checked
over with a fine-tooth comb to make sure we've got all the costs
accounted for before we go about the final splitting-up of costs. Will
worry about this tomorrow.

--Mel

[1]  In other news, I feel silly for not realizing earlier that one can
upload .ods files to the wiki and get automatic version control.

--
5 days to FUDCon!

Mel's remaining to-do list:
1. Make sure all sponsored attendees have lodging settled in Toronto
2. Make sure all sponsored attendees on the FUDBus have lodging settled
in Boston
3. Make sure food, swag, and other needed supplies are paid for and
scheduled for delivery