Events FAD sponsorship: request yours now!

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 16:36:58 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 01:12:53PM -0500, Mel Chua wrote:
> We approve budget during meetings; an example meeting log can be found
> at
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fudcon-planning/2010-01-09/fudcon-planning.2010-01-09-06.59.html.
> If you want to request travel sponsorship, I need two things:
>
> 1. Put an appropriate estimate in
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events_FAD_2010#Budget; price checks on
> sites like http://kayak.com are usually pretty accurate for flights[0],
> and estimate $30/night for hotel.

My costs are pending in the table.

> 2. Send a few sentences to this list (replying to this thread is fine)
> on what you'll be contributing to the FAD by attending - what role will
> you play, what specific things will you be accomplishing? There are some
> examples linked from the "Status" column in
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Events_FAD_2010#Travel if you're new to
> Fedora events.

I'm going to:

* Bring my personal experience at event planning for several FUDCons
  as well as approval authority ;-)

* Participate in designing future FUDCon planning: (1) talk topics
  submitted in advance but maintain full openness and transparency;
  (2) accountability for talks and community travel through feedback
  surveys for talks and follow-up on goals met through subsidies

* Track down some internal Red Hat resources on contracts

--
Paul