Events FAD: Need another fw/mini-dv system?

Andrew Ross aross at fosslc.org
Wed Jan 27 13:45:54 UTC 2010

Hi All,

For what it's worth, I have had great success with Logitech Orbit AF web
cams with Freeseer and other software. It produces a great picture.

I haven't put time to get the software driven pan, tilt, and zoom working
under Linux yet but I expect it is feasible with enough elbow grease and
thus making the cam even more useful.

Thus, this makes for a very affordable usb camera solution. Also works well
with a 10ft USB extension cable offering more flexibility for camera
placement.

Andrew

2010/1/27 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>

> I'm bringing my FW-equipped laptop and miniDV too.
>
> Paul
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:54:14PM -0700, Clint Savage wrote:
> > Yes, that'll be awesome.  Plus I was thinking that Mel had already
> > planned to pick up a couple cardbus firewire cards.  Did that happen?
> >
> > Clint
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > I'll be bringing my Thinkpad that has a FW interface if that's needed.

> ctyler at fedoraproject.org>
> lighter,
> the

> --
> Paul W. Frields                                http://paul.frields.org/
>  gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
>  http://redhat.com/   -  -  -  -   http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
>          Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com

Andrew