FAD for User Driven Testing

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 18:42:56 UTC 2010

Recently, I threw out an idea on how we might be able to do "User Driven
Testing" with some new code on both the client and server side, to
leverage our existing userbase to test package updates.

I've documented the framework of this here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_Driven_Testing

As Colin Walters pointed out "This needs to go through the Fedora Design
group.", and as Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote "I think it's big enough that
it would be worth organizing a FAD for.  It's
exactly the kind of 'infrastructure of participation' solution that
requires significant investment, but drives major change."

I agree whole-heartedly with both of them. So, let's do a FAD and see if
over the course of a few days (possibly as much as 5), we can hash out a
solid design and the basis of an implementation.

Schedule-wise, I'm looking at sometime between June and September 2010.
If you're interested in participating, please either reply here, or let
me know offlist. We'll figure out where the best location for this is
when we have an idea of who wants to participate. Also, if you want to
participate, but have specific dates which will not work, be sure to
state that too.

This isn't just for Red Hat folks either! If you want to help, please,
chime in!

Thanks,

~spot