FUDCon (insert name of city here) Barcamp

Steven M. Parrish smparrish at gmail.com
Tue May 25 23:38:49 UTC 2010

During the events FAD in Raleigh it was discussed that the next NA FUDCon
should be 4 days long, up from the current 3.  1 1/2 to 2 days  for Barcamp
with the balance to hackfests.

I've been thinking about the barcamps and how much time it takes out of the
1st day.  What I am thinking is this.  For the next NA FUDCon we solicit
proposals in advance.  Proposals can be written in the wiki or the prefered
method would be a video proposal.  All talks proposed atleast X number of days
in advance would be voted on by the registered attendees before arriving at
FUDCon and will comprise the talks scheduled for day 1.

After the FPLs opening remarks we can have people make proposals for day 2
talks.  We can then put up the normal grid and have people vote on the talks
throughout the day and announce the following days schedule that evening.
This will eliminate the hour or so voting and getting everything organized
that morning.

Also since I believe day 1 would be a Friday I would suggest that the user
tracks be scheduled for day 2.  That would allow locals who have to work on
Friday to attend those sessions on Saturday.

Comments?

Steven
 Steven M. Parrish