FUDCon LATAM 2011 Decision

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue Oct 12 00:36:55 UTC 2010

On Monday, October 11, 2010 05:03:32 pm Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> So Bids for FUDCon LATAM closed September 30 according to
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fudcon-planning/2010-September/001
> 175.html
>
> We have 4 bids
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:LATAM_2011_Bid_Panama
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:LATAM_2011_Bid_Foz
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:LATAM_2011_Bid_Chile
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:LATAM_2011_Bid_Porto_Alegre

Looking at the bids one thing stands out to me as lacking. there is no
concrete hotel plans.  We should have a concrete plan and we shuold have
talked  to the hotels to have concrete pricing lined up
The closest bid to having complete Lodging info is panama.  but it doesnt look
to me like they have talked with the options and worked out something definete.
We want to have all people at the same location so that evening events etc are
simpler to organise  and people can tak and work on things into the late
hours.

It was definetly an issue with the last 2 FUDCon's in LATAM  and something we
must do better.  so id like to ask all the bid teams to confirm avalabilty of
a block of rooms. we should assume twin share. this will also help people
paying for themselves to make sure that everyone is in the one place and that
everyone gets the most out of the time.