FUDCon LATAM 2011 Decision

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 01:15:53 UTC 2010

Em Seg, 2010-10-11 às 19:36 -0500, Dennis Gilmore escreveu:
> On Monday, October 11, 2010 05:03:32 pm Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>
> Looking at the bids one thing stands out to me as lacking. there is no
> concrete hotel plans.  We should have a concrete plan and we shuold have
> talked  to the hotels to have concrete pricing lined up
> The closest bid to having complete Lodging info is panama.  but it doesnt look
> to me like they have talked with the options and worked out something definete.
> We want to have all people at the same location so that evening events etc are
> simpler to organise  and people can tak and work on things into the late
> hours.
>
> It was definetly an issue with the last 2 FUDCon's in LATAM  and something we
> must do better.  so id like to ask all the bid teams to confirm avalabilty of
> a block of rooms. we should assume twin share. this will also help people
> paying for themselves to make sure that everyone is in the one place and that
> everyone gets the most out of the time.

I can confirm this for Foz and Porto Alegre Bids.

Another important think we need to try to improve is the internet
connection quality in hotels. This is definitely something we need to
take into consideration. In both previous FUDCons in LATAM we frequently
ran into connection problems. The hotels that can assure good
availability and lower costs are good candidates. This something we need
to try to balance.

--
Igor Pires Soares
Fedora I18N/L10N QA