Session suggestions

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 17:53:48 UTC 2010

Every year I come to FUDCon I wish there were three particular
sessions, so I thought I'd just suggest them this year. I don't really
know where to suggest them so I'll start here.

As we continue growing and as FUDCon itself continues growing I would
like to see one or more invited talks designed to inspire
contributors. Michael Tiemann jumps out to me as the perfect candidate
for giving such a talk, a view of things that we are part of but from
a perspective we don't see things from. Maybe think of this as an
opening keynote with the goal of setting a good tone for the rest of
the event.

I think a session/talk about the history of Fedora would be wonderful
for a large number of contributors who haven't lived through it all.
Sharing where we came from and what the journey has been like so far
helps us all understand who we are and that isn't a bad thing to
understand when thinking about where we want to go. It would just be
delightful I think on its own. This might make a really fun panel with
folks like Greg, Max, Seth, Spot, etc. Or just a talk going through
how the Fedora Project has evolved by any of them would be cool.

The last is something of a Red Hat Enterprise Linux feedback session.
Are we still executing the original vision of providing rapid
innovation to advance RHEL? Are there areas of the OS where we are
coming up short? Generally, I would like some feedback from someone,
oh hey, Tim Burke is already registered, about how well we are
fulfilling that part of our mission and what areas need more work. I'd
really like to see the symbiotic relationship between RHEL and Fedora
be discussed more directly.

There is my wish list ...

John